Monday, December 5, 2011

I love Scotch!



I am a apprentice when it comes to Scotch. When I was 28 I used to drink 7&7 which is hardly drinking scotch at all. I then moved on to Scotch and soda and the scotch itself was probably swill. When I turned 30 I started to give Johnnie Walker a try and liked it for a little while. Then I began to taste some real scotch whenever my wife and I would go out with other couples for dinner. Soon I ditched the water part and was slowly sipping single malt scotch neat. I finally bought my first "nice" bottle of scotch in my mid 30's and that was a bottle of Laphroaig 16 year.

I loved that smoky peat flavor with a nice smooth finish. After finishing that rather quickly I gave a bottle of Lagavulin a try which was quite nice as well. Still a bit of a novice I moved on to a bottle of Bowmore which was much smoother with a bit of sweetness to it. Not my favorite, but not bad at all. I just finished up a bottle of the Ardberg Corryvreckan (sp) and that took a while as it was strong. Tonight I went back to Binny's (they always have a great selection of everything) and debated trying something new or going back to the ol' standby by Laphroaig. I decided to try a bottle of Highland Park 12 year (which has a small bottle of the 18 year-schwiiinnggg!) and a bottle of Caol Ila 12 year to boot. That's about it for now. I will let you all go as it is getting late and I want to give these bottles a try. Have fun you scotch drinkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment